Daniel has been Improving
Daniel has been improving steadily over the last couple of days through his treatments and persistence in fighting his lung problems. He is now on a whif of oxygen on his nasal cannula and will even do laps within the unit off his oxygen. He has been working hard with the lung exercises (Incentive Spirometry) and easy pap from the video yesterday to do his part to get better. He hopes to do an interview today with a local TV station to help create organ donation awareness for... the congenital heart population that is growing within the United States due in part to the excellent care provided by Children's hospitals across the country. We hope to be discharged the beginning of next week if improvements continue. We will be discharged locally here in St. Louis through the end of next week and then home to Little Rock.
Things for continued prayer:
1. Daniel can use the opportunity this afternoon to help create organ donation awareness and awareness on organizations that help organ recipients.
2. His lungs would improve more daily and that the fluid he had would continue to dissipate in his abdomen and lungs.
3. His body would continue to accept and not reject the gift he has been given. Continued prayer for the family and friends of the donor for comfort and grace.
4. His appetite would continue to improve because nutrition, particularly protein, is important to his recovery.
5. School has been weighing heavily on him as he wants to finish the semester but the setbacks this past week made it impossible to study. He will be working with UCA to try to complete his work and this semester.
6. There are others here in need of transplants as well and Daniel would ask that you pray fervently for his friends here. They are warriors as well battling for life and waiting for the call that can make the difference.
He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Without a doubt God has been gracious to answer our prayers and the prayers of His people concerning Daniel and we ask that you would remember these two friends in the unit waiting. Thank you for your faithfulness.