Are you concerned you have forgotten some of the information shared during the COTA volunteer training? Whether your team trained last week or several months ago, you may need a refresher. Here are answers to volunteers’ frequently asked questions:
- Send all written materials (posters, flyers, tickets, letters, emails, press releases, website posts, social media posts, etc.) to CampaignInfo@cota.org to ensure they are IRS compliant prior to printing, distributing or posting. Templates for many promotional materials can be found in the Volunteers area of COTA.org.
- If you will have fundraising expenses that need to be reimbursed or paid for by COTA, fill out a Budget Worksheet with best estimates for income and expenses, and submit the completed budget to CampaignInfo@cota.org for approval at least four weeks in advance of your COTA fundraiser.
- If you want to offer online registration for fundraising events, contact CampaignInfo@cota.org to set up a COTA Event Thermometer.
- Fundraising supplies can be ordered on the Order Supplies tab in the Volunteers area of COTA.org using the password “miraclemaker.”
- If you receive donations of items or services for your fundraising event, you can provide receipts to individuals and/or businesses with COTA Gift in Kind Forms.
- Checks should be made payable to “COTA” with your COTA campaign name or “in honor of Patient First/Last Name” on the memo line. Cash contributions should be consolidated into a money order or cashier’s check following these same guidelines. Do not deposit cash into a personal or local bank account.
- Mail contributions and fundraising proceeds to COTA’s office at 2501 West COTA Drive, Bloomington, Indiana 47403. When mailing proceeds from your COTA event, always include a note specifying the event name and date.
Be sure to read COTA email messages sent each Tuesday to volunteers. These provide fundraising ideas, helpful tips and important reminders. Please email CampaignInfo@cota.org or call 800-366-2682 with additional questions. We are here to help!