Have you or your COTA family ever been asked, “Why COTA?”
When this question pops up, here are some facts you can easily share:
- COTA is the largest national fundraising organization solely dedicated to assisting and supporting transplant families.
- Since our founding in 1986, more than $160 million has been raised to assist thousands of children and young adults needing a life-saving organ or tissue transplant.
- In addition to children, COTA works with adults with single gene disorders such as Cystic Fibrosis, Polycystic Kidney Disease and Sickle Cell Disease.
- Last year, COTA partnered with more than 225 new transplant families and nearly $7 million was raised.
- COTA does not charge a transplant family, or patient, for its services.
- 100% of funds raised for COTA in honor of patients are available for transplant-related expenses — including expenses incurred from other related diagnoses — before, during and after transplant.
- COTA is the owner and administrator of all funds; transplant families are typically not taxed on these funds nor do these funds generally jeopardize assistance program participation.