Social media is an incredible tool for fundraising. A single post can go viral in minutes. Hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars can be raised for a cause within a day. Your COTA campaign can use Facebook Fundraising to raise funds for COTA in honor of your local patient.
Follow these steps to get started:
- From a computer, go to COTA’s Facebook page (@COTAFans) and click on the “Fundraisers” button at the top of COTA’s timeline.
- Click “Raise Money” on the right-hand side above other active COTA fundraisers.
- Add information for your Facebook Fundraiser:
- Indicate how much money you want to raise.
- Determine when the fundraiser should end. COTA recommends running your Facebook Fundraiser for no more than 30 days.
- Title the Facebook Fundraiser using these parameters: [Your Name]’s fundraiser for COTA in honor of [COTA Patient First and Last Name]
Ex. Danielle’s fundraiser for COTA in honor of Jane Smith
[Your Name]’s fundraiser for [Campaign Name]
Ex. Danielle’s fundraiser for COTA for Jane S
- Personalize the “why are you raising money” section for your COTA patient. Remember to send language to CampaignInfo@cota.org for review and approval before publishing the fundraiser.
- Upload a fundraiser cover photo.
- Click “Create” and you are done!
- Email CampaignInfo@cota.org to notify us of your Facebook Fundraiser and the title.
These steps must be followed to ensure Facebook proceeds will be allocated properly to your COTA community campaign. Please allow 8 weeks for funds raised via Facebook to appear on your COTA campaign website. Please email CampaignInfo@cota.org if you have any questions.